About literature sector
The publishing sector in the Literature, Publishing and Translation Commission is concerned with developing the publishing industry to the highest standards, supporting Saudi literature - locally and internationally - while creating an investment environment with international standards. This includes publication of all kinds of literature: print, audio and electronic books. In addition, the sector is responsible for organizing international book fairs.
The vision of the sector
An advanced publishing industry.
- Supporting publication of Saudi books, locally and internationally.
- Organizing Saudi book fairs to the highest standards.
- Diversifying publishing methods in line with market needs.
- Developing the capabilities of Saudi publishing houses and raising their competitiveness, regionally and globally.
- Increasing investment in the Saudi publishing market.
- Regulating the local publishing market and improving its work environment.